Thursday 31 January 2013

Manchester & Salford Uprising

I spent my Sunday afternoon this week talking to an amazing group of young people from Manchester and Salford who have been brought together by an organisation called Uprising . Basically its a leadership programme designed to inspire and support our next generation of community and political leaders. All I can say is WOW! Some of these young people are already beating hands down the current set of rag tag politicians leading this country. I came away from the afternoon inspired and reinvigorated and with a feeling of hope I havent felt since the coalition came to power in 2010. If you get an invite to work with and meet this group of young people take it you wont regret it. I hope that Manchester Labour will continue to strength our links with them and that it wont be too long before we see some of them elected as Manchester Councillors!

No comments:

Post a Comment